Laurence Meyer was born and grew up in France, and has been living abroad for the past 20 years. She has lived in Germany, New York, Singapore and currently resides in Tokyo.
The artist decided to focus on visual arts after arriving in Singapore in 2005, where she joined the painting group of Singaporean artist Chuyia Chia. Laurence Meyer now paints mainly abstract works, in oils and mixed media. Laurence also paints for and with children, whom she finds an endless source of inspiration.
“I am a self-taught artist, and painting is for me a way to breathe, the expression of my perception of the world, an inspiration in which I can get lost yet find myself. My art comes from the heart.”
- April – August 2012: Coïncidences Chromatiques, ANA Intercontinental Hotel, Tokyo
- Feb. – March 2009: Géométries Variables, Amara Hotel, Singapore
- Nov. 2008: Elementalism, Volvo Art Loft, Singapore
- Mai 2008: Quintett, Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore
- Nov. 2006: Faces of Asia, Volvo Art Loft, Singapore
- February 2015: Cosmos 54, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Tokyo
- December 2012: Take over the House, Tokyo
- October 2012: commissioned paintings for the LFIT (French school), Tokyo
- April 2012: Installation Sayonara Fujimi, LFJT, Tokyo
- Novembre 2011: commissioned paintings for Resort World Sentosa’s Equarius Hotel, Singapore
- Novembre 2009: commissioned paintings for Resort World Sentosa’s Casino and Crockfords Tower Hotel, Singapore